Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Horse Racing Stats

I did something very unlike me and signed up to a trial subscription to some racing stats

The offer was £1 for the first month then £37 a month. I received no log in or any downloads at all!! Plus, when the trial month was near the end I tried to follow their unsubscribe instructions but could not unsubscribe.

Angry and cursing myself for apparently being suckered in I emailed and asked that the uncancellable payment be returned to me. The response? A disengenious waffle saying they cannot unsubscribe me despite my stating that I had now unsubscribed and wanted my £37 back....

What response will I get to this, my latest email?

"The problem was that I could not unsubscribe before the £37 was taken. The instructions did not work.

I have now unsubscribed and you will have received notification of that fact and
I request a refund from you for the reason above, namely that your instructions to unsubscribe did not work in my case."

I received only one email about my subscription which referred to paypal problems I guess those were never resolved in my case.

I can now say that I have now received a refund.

My lesson learned, keep an eye on your paypal subscriptions and follow up sooner than I did if things don't seem right especially if you also have memory problems like me...

1 comment:

Horse4course-racetips said...

Bad luck there and we've all been there at some point

If you're interested I have produced an e-book, Stable Stats, which pinpoints trainers who do well at certain tracks.

It sells for £19.95 but you can trial it for free and maybe post your findings here.

Chris Wigg
www.horse4course-racetips.com